Master this toe-curling, nine-step process and she'll be yours forever... from Esquire Magazine:
Check out these master foot massage techniques from an expert, massage therapist, Trista Thorp of the Golden Door Spa in California. She takes over an hour to perform her out-of-this world foot massages so there is no way to capture all of her techniques in one blog article. This article was originally written for those treating a special woman to a foot massage- but don't let that stop you from treating a man as well! Anyone can enjoy this relaxing escape via massage...
- Make her a Thai footbath. Slice up half a lime and put it in a bowl of warm water. Rest her feet in the water while you rub the bottoms of them with the other half of the lime, using it as a scrubber. The acid helps extract toxins, and the warm water will soften her feet and help her relax.
Take a hand towel and soak it in the footbath. Hold the towel above her knee, and, without letting it touch her leg, let the water drip down her calf and foot. Pat dry after one of you gets bored.
Gently holding her feet, rotate her ankles clockwise and then counterclockwise. Rotate each toe the same way, pulling gently on each.
- After applying lotion or oil, (*Hint: We recommend Strawberry Dreams Massage Lotion or Pleasure Garden Aromatics Massage Oil!) take one foot in both hands and walk your thumbs back and forth over the soles of her feet. Push deep with your thumbs, working the pressure points.
- Directly beneath the ball of her foot, move your thumbs in semicircles, working back and forth horizontally.
- Starting with your thumbs on opposite sides of her sole, slide them toward each other and to the opposite side of her foot. Move slightly down and bring them back. Continue until you reach her heel.
- Interlace your fingers, resting them on the top of her foot with your thumbs on her sole. Slide your hands up and down over the whole foot, applying pressure with your thumbs.
- Place your fingertips in the channels between each metatarsal (those are the long bones on the top of the foot), gently sliding all four fingers up and down between them
- Starting at the outside of her ankle, find where the muscle meets the bone. Glide your thumb along this line all the way up her shin, applying slight pressure
Say goodbye to the Monday Blues!
Leave a comment